Simple Steps on How to Fix Your Mistakes in Your Previous SEO Campaign (If You’ve Been Penalised by Google)
Doing SEO campaign is something you will get used to when you run a business. Business owners use SEO services to grow their business, because SEO can boost a business’ visibility so that people can find the business. Of course, in order to gain long-lasting results, you have to do SEO campaign properly and in accordance with search engines’ rules and guidelines. Gaining SEO results may take time due to the process requiring focus and strategic plans, but the results will be worth the wait. Therefore, you have to be patient and focused. That being said, there are many impatient business owners who want fast results so they use a “short-cut” in order to gain results. However, what they don’t realise is that they take the wrong short-cut by, accidentally or not, using black-hat SEO techniques that are clearly against the search engines’ rules and guidelines, which can lead to penalty. Are you one of those impatient business owners or marketing managers? Well, whoever you are, if you are doing this mistake with or without knowing the use of black-hat SEO techniques, this article will guide you on how to fix your mistake in doing SEO campaign that is being penalised by Google. Keep reading to find out!
If you are penalised by Google, it is most likely because you have:
- Too many stuffed keywords in your content
- Low quality content that is not consistent with the quality
- Hidden links in keywords so people can’t see them
- Unnatural links that are pointing from your website to other websites and vice versa
- Non-SEO friendly website that has slow loading time and not mobile-friendly as well
- Bought excessive backlinks to your website
- An uncertified website when it comes to security (HTTPS)
- Republished content from other websites without permission
- Pop-out ads in the majority of your content
Well, those are not the only reasons, obviously. There are still many reasons why you get penalised by Google aside from those mentioned above. Whatever you did in the past that got you penalised, you must know that the penalty may last longer than you can imagine and it’s bad for your business. Depending on your mistakes, some penalties may last for 6 months while in some cases; there are penalties that hold for 2 years before they expire. Also, even if a manual penalty expires, this doesn’t mean that your website is clean and will soon recover rankings and traffic. It only means that the penalty is no longer there in webmaster tools and that you should fix this as soon as possible. If you don’t do anything to fix the issues, you will be automatically penalised again.
So, what can you do to fix it?
When you get penalised, it is in your best interest that you immediately plan for your “comeback.” And when the penalty expires, you can start by doing these methods:
- Ask webmasters to remove the unnatural links (or “nofollow” them), document your efforts for evidence.
- Start by asking Google not to consider those unnatural links and submit a reconsideration request, using Google disavow tool.
- Re-create content and turn it into better quality content without duplicating other content.
- Optimise your website and fix slow loading pages. Make sure your website is responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Make sure your anchor text is diversified.
- Remove all spammy links.
- Never do the same mistakes, and obviously never do anything that Google dislikes.
That’s how you recover from Google’s penalty. Remember that SEO is not something you can do overnight. It takes time and it can take months for SEO to take effect. If you do SEO properly, then the long wait will be worth it, because the right and appropriate SEO techniques may take long time, but the results will be long lasting and more effective. If you need more information about SEO, feel free to contact us now and our team will gladly help you.